Our Tennis Academy offersSchoolyard
high level services
The Schoolyard Tennis Academy, established in 2011, brings fun, professional tennis programs to local elementary schools and neighborhood parks. Using the United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) QuickStart method, we teach children the fundamental techniques of tennis in a way that allows them to see rapid improvement while having fun.
Exciting opportunities for playersBENEFITS
PeeWee Clinics / Ages 3-6
- An introduction to tennis for children between the ages of 3-6. Focus on developing the ABC’s of tennis (agility, balance and coordination) while introducing proper technique that will enable these young players to rally. We provide appropriate sized nets, racquets, and low compression (Red) balls to help build self confidence within the game. No previous tennis experience necessary.
- Tuesdays or Thursdays: 4:15-5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:15-10:00 a.m.
Junior Development 1 / Ages 7-10
- Low compression (Orange) balls are used for a slightly higher bounce and faster speed than the Red balls. They are a step toward the traditional yellow tennis ball while still remaining fun and manageable for players learning the game. Players will continue to work on tennis fundamentals in addition to learning to hit with direction, height, and depth on a smaller court. We’ll focus on the fundamentals necessary to serve and rally using a game-based curriculum and continue to develop the athletic skills essential to the sport.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Junior Development 2 / Ages 11+
- An introductory program for players ages 11-15. Players will build athletic fundamentals by learning proper footwork and racquet mechanics. At this level, players will be able to use a full-sized court. We’ll focus on teaching the basics of technique, rallying, serving, and keeping score.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Advanced Clinic / Ages 10+
- For intermediate-advanced level juniors who aspire to start playing tournaments and/or junior tennis leagues. Players participating in this high-intensity program should be committed to working on speed and agility, mental toughness, and undergoing the rigors of a true player development program. This clinic is by invitation only.
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 6:00-7:30 p.m.